Today is not only one of my favorite times of the year but is is also our 10 year anniversary. It’s been good, bad, and even ugly at times but we always seem to make our way back to each other. We both love Halloween and it’s become our special anniversary day because we had split-up for a couple of months but got back together on Halloween in time to get dressed up, hand out candy and of course go to our favorite restaurant for sushi.
This year is a little different, because of the pandamic and also because we are fighting or should I say we are a little distant from each other today, but I decided that I was going to continue with the surprise that I had planned regardless of if he’s here or not and maybe it will be the catnip to the tom cat that will get him over.
I was already going to post a recipe for the pumpkin bread that I make every year for Halloween but this year I changed it up and made it a savory style which came out excellant and is now on the menu for good.
Then I found that our favorite sushi restaurant “Blue Sashi Sake Grill” had posted their recipe for our favorite soup the “Coconut Crab Soup“, so yes I’m making that and ordering sushi for delivery today.
To complete this Halloween I found the perfect dress from Retro Vixen that is sure to make his heart beat just a little bit faster.
Here’s to a wonderful Halloween with more treats than tricks for everyone. Enjoy the tasty soup and pumpkin bread if you dare….Happy Halloween!!
Savory Pumpkin Bread
- 1 16oz Canned Pumpkin
- 1 cup Sugar
- ⅔ cup Olive oil
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ⅓ cup Chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour pan; set aside
- In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and pepper
- Add eggs and oil, beating well
- Stir in pumpkin, the sage and 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese
- Mix until blended, pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool in pan and sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan
- Remove from pan and cool completely